Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday girl

Today (Monday, Dec. 17) is my 40th birthday, a very quiet day because Blaine is away and we haven't yet had our usual family celebration with a homemade cake.

So I've decided to celebrate a "birthday week" instead of relying on one day to supply warm-fuzzy birthday vibes. Today, I dropped the kids at Day 1 of their weeklong winter camp at Arno's school, had a latte at Starbucks, went to the gym, went grocery shopping, walked home, read the news, picked up the kids at 2pm, and took them out for a hot chocolate and pastry at our fave hot-choc place, Burdigala.

Beyond that, I'm pondering this question:

- Is there anything I can or should do to convince Lucinda to be less demanding about, well, almost everything and less disappointed when she doesn't get 100 percent of her way? I do wish she would use the words "Okay, Mom" more often.

No comments: