Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last full day

Well, it's come down to the final 36 hours in Tokyo. Blogger tells me that I've previously written 500 posts (!!) on Jessica in Tokyo, and this is #501.

Great news is that the foggy image on my camera's LED screen mysteriously cleared while I took last photos of our pyramid house in Nishi-Azabu. Unfortunate news is that we packed the USB thingy that I need to download the shots into my computer -- so no pix today.

As always, some novelties to contemplate. Instead of lugging 4 enormous suitcases to our hotel tonite and then to the airport, we hired the Yamato "Black Cat" delivery service to takkyubin our bags directly to Narita Airport. Black Cat (or Kuroneko in Japanese) trucks are ubiquitous in Japan, and friends routinely use it to ship skis and bags directly to resorts in Hokkaido ahead of time -- that is, no schlepping skis, etc., on the shinkansen! Anyway, it's fantastic for us. For $80, we can pick up our bags at Narita's Terminal 1 two hours before our flight.

With a few hours to go, we're taking a family ice cream break at Cold Stone Creamery in Roppongi Hills.

No comments: