Sunday, November 9, 2008

Post-election post

Geez, it's been almost an entire week since the election, and I'm finally getting around to writing about it. Thrilling result, obviously.

My mom, Sheila, was visiting with my stepfather, Blake. So we threw an election-day party. The Denver mother of a Tokyo friend, Susan Mulcahy, was here, with another Denver friend - whose daughter, it turned out, went to elementary and junior high school with me. Does that make sense? Grandmothers, mothers, and daughters - that sums it up. I also invited some American friends from Nishimachi. We had pastries, lots of coffee from Tully's and, eventually, sandwiches for lunch.

We turned on CNN at 8 a.m. Wednesday in Tokyo, which is 6 p.m. Tuesday on the East Coast, just as the first states were done voting. Things went pretty quickly in Obama's favor, as everyone knows.



Arno was an unexpected party guest; his teacher called me at 10 a.m. to say he wasn't feeling well. I brought him home and gave him a little medicine, and he was fine; he even refused to nap so he could hang out w/the grownups and watch election coverage.

No comments: